Wednesday, June 25, 2008

We've been MIA

So the end of school has come and gone, we're in the full swing of summer and I must say that all that complaining I did early on helped! It really has been nice so far and these first three weeks have gone by quite fast.

I have been putting off writing and updated because I have so many pictures to share and hated the thought of blurting out a bunch of stuff and not having the show-and-tell part of it to post. It will be a while until I get my pictures downloaded from my camera. In fact, we are still waiting on our main computer to return from the HP band-aid station. We got some zing from our neighbor's lightning strike to their home during a storm a couple of weeks ago.

Did anyone hear on the news about the Midwest having some awful storms this season? Floods everywhere, tornados way too often for my liking - just really miserable weather. There were some days I thought we might need an Ark to get out of here, but we survived - yet the computer did not. Our phone lines were zapped too for a bit, but that was fixed fairly quickly. Thankfully, Tom saved the day and was able to retrieve all of our files from the PC's hardrive. That took some time though, and I was literally sick to my stomach with the thought of not being able to get them back. We had a backup of sorts, but nothing like we should have had. It's always at those moments that you hit your head on the table and say to yourself, why why why didn't we invest in another backup system!! Anyway, this snail of a computer that we are using in the meantime can not hold all my programs that I need to download and tweak my photos, so I will have to wait until the other one is fixed. I'm sort of having withdrawal symptoms though!

I'll try to find my Funny somewhere and post more often in the coming weeks, and of course there will be gobs of pictures when I'm finally all put back together again.

Check out the new link I added to the right under My Frequent Stops called Techtelic. It's a blog written by my cousin Mark, who has a wealth of knowledge in all things I consider "the latest and greatest" in the world of geek gadgets. I use the word "geek" in the most endearing way of course. I don't think that word holds the stigma of what it used to, when you'd picture some nerdy guy with tape on his glasses, highwater pants and a laugh that would make your spine shiver in a Weird Science sort of way. Computer geeks can actually be cool, and maybe even hip! I'm related to several of them, so I know firsthand. He has lots of groovy tips and tricks on his blog for your computer as well. Even though he uses a Mac, we still love him. He blogs when he is able to take a peek out from under his college books! Enjoy

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I've been wondering where you were!!! LOL Nah, I knew you were busy having two kids at home!

I am glad that you made it through all those storms safe, but I am sorry to hear that your computer didn't fair so well. This reminds me, I need to back up my stuff as well.

Mitch said...

hey hey - thanks for the shoutout in the blog. I've been using google analytics to track my visitors etc and it's really interesting to be able to track visitors by sources (direct traffic/search engine, etc) and by topic so that I can see what articles are most read and which people are less interested in. If you're interested I'd be more than happy to help you set it up, or I might just write a blog entry about it!